We are looking for a collaborative leader, who will work closely with the clergy team at Bakewell Parish church and the lay people of the 10 churches within the two separate benefices. We offer the well-maintained vicarage within the village of Youlgreave as the family home. There are very good schools to be found close by.
Specifically, we welcome applications from candidates who are:
- Leaders in mission, committed to spreading the good news of the Kingdom of God and having a heart to nurture the growth of our churches.
- Passionate about rural ministry.
- Enabling, happy to work collaboratively and pioneer new ways of working with both lay and ordained colleagues; able to think outside the box.
- Committed to education and to working with the schools.
- Willing to build and capitalise on the uniqueness of the 10 parishes.
In return, we offer the successful candidate:
- A warm and enthusiastic welcome, in Faith and Fellowship, from all our congregations, combined with a strong desire to support the new priest.
- The Peak District……!
For an informal conversation about this post, please contact: the Revd Canon Tony Kaunhoven on 01629 814462.
Closing date: Noon, 4 October 2021
Visit date: 3 November 2021 (to be confirmed)
Formal interview date: 4 November 2021 (to be confirmed)
We are hoping to increase the diversity of our Benefices' leadership and welcome applications from under-represented societal groups. The appointment to subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.