Community Agricultural Chaplain
Derbyshire Rural Chaplaincy
Salary: £32,026 (full time equivalent) plus mileage and expenses
Hours: 22 per week. Flexible working hours with some weekends and evenings.
Contract: 3-year fixed term contract.
Location: Home working with travel across Derbyshire.
We are offering an exciting post to expand the Derbyshire Rural Chaplaincy by developing new and existing mission and ministry opportunities within the agricultural and rural community.
We aim to be distinctively Christian in our approach and witness, providing support and encouragement, in the midst of the ongoing challenges faced by farmers and rural workers.
- You will be ordained, with previous experience of working in collaborative and creative ways within a rural community,
- You will have an understanding of the specific needs of the agricultural sector.
- You will be enthusiastic and will display exceptional communication skills.
- You will be an ambassador for the chaplaincy in a variety of settings.
- You will take responsibility for delivering specific activities and events linked to the farming year, with other members of the chaplaincy team and the administrator.
- You will lead worship at services celebrating significant life events at the request of farming families, and by invitation from local clergy and the lead agricultural chaplain.
Want to know more?
Revd Alan Griggs, (Lead Agricultural Chaplain)
Mobile: 07710 088972
>> Download the application pack
Closing date for applications: Tues, 21 March 2023 at 5pm.
Completed Applications to be returned to: email@example.com or posted to:
Kiosk 10, Derbyshire Rural Chaplaincy, Agricultural Business Centre, Agricultural Way, Bakewell, DE451AH
Interview date and location: Thurs, 30 March 2023. The Agricultural Business Centre, Bakewell.