St James’ Church of England Voluntary Aided Infant and Nursery School
Leonard Street, Derby DE23 8EG
ISR L8 – L14
Required for September 2021
Following St James’ Church of England Infant and Nursery School (Voluntary Aided) recent de-federation, the new governing body are seeking to appoint a headteacher excited to work with us as part of our community.
Our school serves a diverse and socially mixed community within the Arboretum ward of Derby.
We are looking for a candidate who will continue to deliver our four core values: being grateful, respectful, always trying our best, and being welcoming; and who will maintain and build on our OFSTED and SIAMS ‘Good’ rating.
As a Voluntary Aided Church of England school, the successful candidate will be expected to lead in ensuring that our school’s Christian ethos is maintained as an integral part of schools’ daily life.
The successful candidate will:
- Establish and sustain the school’s ethos, vision and strategic direction together with the governing body and through consultation with the school community
- Establish and oversee systems, processes and policies so the school can operate effectively
- Identify problems and barriers to school effectiveness, and develop strategies for school improvement that are realistic, timely and suited to the school’s context
- Make sure these school improvement strategies are effectively implemented
- Monitor progress towards achieving the school’s aims and objectives
- Allocate financial resources appropriately, efficiently and effectively
- Demonstrate the Church of England schools’ vision and values of “Educating for life in all its fullness” in everyday work and practice
- Work in partnership with St James Church and the Diocesan Board of Education
- Work in partnership with Derby City Local Authority as a Local Authority maintained school.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a full enhanced DBS check, pre-employment checks, and must be eligible to work in the UK.
We can offer the successful candidate a positive, inclusive environment where staff and children work hard together developing good relationships and attitudes to learning.
Interviews will take place over two days, with tasks/presentation to be undertaken on 25th May 2021, and face to face interviews on 26th May 2021 (Covid restrictions permitting).
Should you wish to visit school during week beginning 19th April before making an application, please phone the school office on 01332 854984 and speak to Miss Hill.
Times available: 20.4.21 – pm 21.4.21 – pm 22.4.21 - pm
If you have any queries before you decide whether to apply, please call Maxine Bull on 01332 640354 or email Maxine.email@example.com leaving a name and contact telephone number.
To apply please download the documents and e-mail your completed application form, including your letter of application to Maxine.firstname.lastname@example.org (Maxine Bull, Professional Advocate for Children in Education (PACE), Derby City Council )
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 28th April at midday (12 noon). Any application forms received after the closing date will not be accepted.