NEW FOR CHRISTMAS 2020
Online JOIN IN AT HOME NATIVITY - for many churches a Nativity or Crib service perhaps on Christmas Eve is a special event for children and their carers. For December 2020 the probability is that most churches won't be able to invite households to attend a service in person. This JOIN IN AT HOME NATIVITY is designed for an online event with children and those they are with being able to take part at home.
A range of ways of encouraging children to learn and celebrate the Christian meaning of each festival.
- A Question of Christmas - Download six activities which ask questions about the Nativity Story. Each one is practical and enables conversations about why God sent his son to earth.
- Get ready for Advent - Ideas for inviting those who come to church over Christmas to come and enjoy more of what Advent and Christmas is all about.
- CHRISTMAS CONSTRUCTIONS - A new resource with six Christmas making activities. Suitable for old and young, male and female, I hope that you could use these activities for your congregation, children, young people and community during the Advent season.
EASTER AND LENT RESOURCES
- Helping Children Learn About Easter - Easter festival resources: Mothering Sunday, Palm Sunday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter Saturday and Easter Day
- Fun activities for Holy Week
- Look at the Cross – free to download here - a number of ideas which focus on the cross. Select those which work for your congregation/group. This is an all-age activity and meditation pack which is designed to focus on Good Friday and the events of Easter. Everything you need to know is in the pack and it is flexible so that you can use just one or two activities or the whole pack. You will need some resources to make the crosses, but these should be obtainable fairly easily and without great expense. The resource also gives space for those who would prefer to sit, think and pray quietly on Good Friday.
4. Easter - in and out of doors - This uses some indoor stations from Experience Easter and some outdoor ones from Experience Easter Outdoors. There is a “weather risk” factor with the outside events, but I know of several churches that have persevered, even in snow, and found it a moving thing to do. You will need the Experience Easter pack and the Experience Easter Outside pack. I have some copies of these for sale or you can go to the Diocese ofGloucester website to buy them.
Download the pack here:
GOOD FRIDAY EVENT
If you run this event please send some photos if you can!
Finally, another Easter event…
5. A WEEK WITH JESUS
A resource to use for Good Friday or over the Easter period for All Age Events, Messy Church or After School clubs,
The Jumping Fish resources are currently out of print. Please contact Sarah if you need a pack.
We can loan you a most of the resources you will need for each event. Please book early and check with Sarah Brown that the resources are available at the time you need them.
These are available to borrow:
EDUCATION SUNDAY RESOURCES