Welcome to the Prayer and Worship resources page.
Sermons to Go for Epiphany
The Sermons-to-Go series continues throughout Epiphany through to Sunday, 24 January 2021 for use in online streaming or recordings.
Epiphany - Sunday, 24 January 2021 (Revd Canon Peter Walley, acting Archdeacon of Derby)
>> Download text (PDF)
Climate Sunday resources are available to use any time up to 5 Sept 2021 with suggestions for sermons, service plans, material for young peoples workers, new hymns, prayers and blogs to inspire you whatever your starting point. If you register your service you are part of the lobby in the run up to COP26.
Epiphany sermons for use during the Covid-19 pandemic
The Sermons to Go series continues throughout Epiphany through to Sunday, 24 January 2021 for use in online streaming or recordings.
Epiphany - Sunday, 17 January 2021
>> Download mp4 file
>> Download mp3 file
>> Download text (PDF file)
The CofE website now has a section to help clergy and lay leaders prepare for All Saints' Day, All Souls’ Day and Remembrance in 2020. The page has sections on downloadable and printable resources, liturgies and prayers, and digital plans.
Derby City Council
The Diocese of Derby worship resilience group have provided these ideas:
All Souls/memorial services
- Gather pictures to display in church or on screen of people to be remembered.
- Liturgy to be used in the home to remember loved ones over a meal.
- Light candles in memory as names read out during a service or done virtually.
- Monthly, light candles for those who have died in the previous month.
- Use of liturgy at home during the funeral service for those who cannot attend by simply giving a copy of service being used to family for them to distribute (can be done via email).
- Pre-record a service that can be livestreamed/YouTubed.
- Get the youth group/school to put a video together to be used in streaming of services.
- Encourage people to lay poppies/ wreaths on memorials during week of Remembrance (before 5 November 2020).
- Encourage poppies to be placed in windows for a memorial display.
- Light a candle in a window at 11am on 11 November.
- Watch the national service from the Cenotaph, hosted by the British Legion, on BBC1.
Diocese of Derby Remembrance Service
Download mp3 music files
Here are various recordings of music for Remembrance, arranged by Alexander Binns, Director of Music at Derby Cathedral and recorded and sung by Derby Cathedral Choir.
The Last Post - played on the trumpet by Edward Turner, Assistant Director of Music, Derby Cathedral
Rouse/Reveille - played on the trumpet by Edward Turner, our Assistant Director of Music, Derby Cathedral
Images for use
The National Anthem | First verse |
For the Fallen (Douglas Guest) | They shall not grow old |