We are looking for a colleague who:
- has a calling to foster a mission-shaped church by connecting the church with the community
- is able to lead and model mission and evangelism from experience
- is a dynamic leader, an inspiring teacher and an effective team player
- has a heart for people of all ages and backgrounds
- is able to discern the vision for the future
- understands the complexities of modern life
- is a competent organiser able to communicate and delegate
- is willing to offer leadership to a dedicated team in fulfiling the St Mary’s Church Vestry project
St. Mary’s is an outward looking, welcoming church in the village of Pilsley which is an expanding rural community, to the south of Chesterfield, on the edge of the beautiful Peak District. The population of Pilsley mainly consists of commuters, many with young families as well as an active retired cohort.
The North Wingfield Team area is a fast-growing parish with extensive building of new homes.
The post could suit a first incumbency colleague.
Please download the parish profile and application form from the below links.
Closing date: 30th June 2017
Interview date: 25th July 2017