We are praying for a leader who:
- is a faith-filled leader who has the capacity to listen and work as a Team.
- is a strategic team leader, with proven results in mission and outreach, and able to see the potential in others to develop and inspire them in their vocation.
- is an Evangelical who holds Scripture in high regard and can preach with relevance and inspiration.
- is an experienced Priest with recognised skills to be a Training Incumbent.
- is someone who delegates wisely and encourages initiative.
- will encourage us to take risks and move into new areas in mission in an emerging industrial setting and new housing development.
- whilst valuing the individual characters of each church, will help to foster unity between our five churches, and promote collaborative team working, sharing resources and strengthening our ties.
- has experience in social media and is able to develop our fledgling skills and thus broaden our outreach.
- will help us to plan effectively for the future and to channel and help us implement our ideas.
- someone who values education and is keen to promote growing faith within schools in the parish.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Lead in mission a team of five churches in North East Derbyshire.
- Enable five congregations who have been used to operating autonomously to work together as a team, sharing resource, vision and experience and encouraging one another in mission.
- Help us formulate a new vision for the Team, lead in strategic development within this area of emerging post- industrial context.
- Recognise and nurture gifts in others to enable them to lead and serve in the Parish, releasing new opportunities for mission.
- Supervise lay ministers licenced to the Team.
- Re-imagine and re-direct the future of the St Barnabas Centre.
We will offer:
- A warm welcome, and a willingness from all the congregations to get involved in wherever the Lord is leading us.
- A modern, large four-bedroom parsonage.
- A parish set close to the edge of the Peak District National Park with good links to Derby, Sheffield and Nottingham and easy access to the M1.
- A full-time Team Vicar colleague, a retired priest and PTO licenced readers already established in the Team.
Archdeacon of Chesterfield, The Venerable Carol Coslett -email@example.com
For further information, please click on the following links:
Closing date: Noon, 27th January 2022
Interview dates: 28th February - parish tour and meet the teams
1st March - formal interview