Mission Action Toolkit
The Mission Action Toolkit is a set of resources that can help any church, of whatever tradition, size, context or type, to join in with responding to the missional aims of the Diocesan Vision. If you would like to know more about the Diocesan Vision and its missional aims, you can do so here.
The Toolkit is based on Mission Action Planning for Derby Diocese, which we have been using since 2010 to help churches grow as healthy, worshipping communities that engage in God's mission in the world. However, it is a more focused, streamlined toolkit that is flexible and light-tough enough for any church to use. Churches can use the Toolkit in many different ways and adapt it to suit their own context and style.
The Toolkit isn't another thing to do or an extra initiative. It is a process to help with that which has always been central to the identity, calling and purpose of every single expression of church - to engage in God's mission in the world. It can help churches to acknowledge and celebrate what God is already doing in and through them in mission, and to hear God's call to grow and develop in their mission further.
The Toolkit consists of six core resources, which are all downloadable below. More resources will be added in the future, and all the resources of the existing full MAP process, found in these pages, are also available to use with the Mission Action Toolkit.
- Quick Start Guide - an accessible introduction to the Mission Action Toolkit, suitable for anyone in the church.
- Introduction for Church Leaders - a more detailed guide intended for use by any church leader, lay or ordained.
- Missional Aims Summary - a single-sheet overview of the different aspects of each missional aim.
- Resource Sheets - a rich set of theological reflections, discussion questions, prayers and ideas for actions for every aspect of our missional aims.
- Questionnaire - one way in which to gather information from the church as a part of the Mission Action Toolkit process.
- Action Sheet - a way of recording and tracking the actions a church decides to undertake.
The Mission Action Toolkit is designed to be adapted and used independently by any church. However, help and support is available to help churches as they use the Toolkit. To find help, please send an email to email@example.com.
Missional aims videos
Please watch and enjoy these five-minute videos, each offering a light Biblical reflection by Diocesan Missioner Revd Jason Kennedy on one aspect of our missional aims, ‘Transformed Lives’, 'Growing Church' and 'Building Community'.
They form a part of the Mission Action Toolkit, which helps churches to engage with God’s mission in an approachable, practical and flexible way.
The videos can be used for individual reflection, as a light sermon or an introduction to a conversation in small groups or, for example, a Lent group.
Help and Information
For more help and information about MAP for Derby Diocese, please please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.