This post offers the opportunity to work with 2 Derbyshire village Churches and their communities as a restorative leader, bringing fresh vision after a period of extended illness for the previous Incumbent. There is a deep desire to move forward, building on what already exists, working closely with local schools (including 3 Church schools) and developing genuine vision for the future, together and individually.
Located in the rural west of the East Derbyshire Archdeaconry and close to the Peak District, the benefice comprises the following:
- St. Mary’s, Crich
- All Saints, South Wingfield (including Wingfield Chapel)
We seek a Priest-in-Charge who is:
- Spiritual and passionate about their faith, is bible-led and able to inspire, teach and challenge us.
- Able to work prayerfully and restoratively with us through a Mission Action Planning process, developing vision, building sustainable teams and developing lay leadership.
- Keen to deepen our work with children, young people and families, strengthening existing relationships between church and school and building new ones, working with the Growing Faith agenda.
- Approachable, able to be an active presence in and across both communities.
- Willing to work in broader partnership with neighbouring parishes, exploring a range of creative and possible future developments.
We can offer you:
- Committed and gifted volunteers, lay leaders and PTO colleagues.
- Established relationships with the 3 church primary schools.
- Congregations who want to grow.
The post comes with:
- a 4-bedroom Vicarage in Crich, with garage and private garden.
For more information or to have a conversation, please contact:
The Venerable Karen Hamblin, Archdeacon of East Derbyshire Karen.email@example.com
For the parish profile, application form and accompanying documents please use the links below:
Closing date: Noon, 13th October 2023
Interview date: 9th November 2023
Enhanced DBS check required