A 3-year Fixed term post.
This post offers the opportunity to work with 4 village Churches (between 1 and 2 miles apart) and their communities to develop sustainable, relevant and creative ministry, building on what already exists, working closely with local church schools and developing genuine vision for the future.
Located between Derby and Ilkeston, the group of 3 Parishes comprises the following:
- St Wilfrid’s, West Hallam
- Holy Trinity, Mapperley
- St Andrew’s, Stanley, and in the same Parish:
- United Church of All Saints (UCAS) LEP, Stanley Common
We seek a Priest-in-Charge who is:
- Spiritual and passionate about their faith, is bible-led and able to inspire, teach and challenge us.
- Able to lead us into and through change, developing vision with us and for us, building teams and developing lay leadership.
- Keen to develop our work with children, young people and families, strengthening relationships between church and school, working with the Growing Faith agenda.
- Approachable, compassionate and discerning, helping to broaden and strengthen our ties with the wider community.
- Comfortable with people from all walks of life.
- Able to work in broader partnership with neighbouring Parishes, exploring a range of creative and possible future developments.
We can offer you:
- a small team of hard-working lay and ordained (PTO) colleagues.
- good relationships with the 4 church primary schools.
- congregations who want to grow.
The post comes with:
- a substantial 4-bedroom Rectory, with garage and private garden
For more information please contact:
The Venerable Karen Hamblin Archdeacon of East Derbyshire Karen.email@example.com
To apply, please use the links below to view the parish profile and download the application form:
Enhanced DBS check required
Closing date: Noon, 29th September 2023
Inreview date: 24th October 2023