The communications office is based at Derby Church House and is open 9am - 5pm Monday - Friday
You can contact us on 01332 388671 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Andrew Salt - Communications Adviser - Mon, Tue + Wed am - 01332 388688 or 07749 842697
Lucy Harrison - Communications Adviser - Tues, Wed, Thu (9.30 - 14.30) and Fri (9.30 - 13.00) - 01332 388668 or 07749 842696
Dave King - Media Officer - 01332 388680 or 07540 120899
What we do
The Communications team provides communications support for parishes and churches in the Diocese of Derby, the Bishops, Derby Church House and Derby Cathedral.
We do this in a number of ways, including:
- Our regular publications
- Our Twitter, Facebook and Instagram profiles make it easy to stay in touch with the latest news from our parishes and bishops
- Regular communications training for parishes and churches
- Supporting churches with A Church Near You
- This website provides some of the latest news as well as details of events and jobs
- Providing parishes and churches with support for press and media enquiries
- A Church Near You - how to use
- A Church Near You - become an editor
- A guide to working from home
- How to write a press release
- Copyright - don't fall foul of the law!
- Digital resources for parishes
- Facebook: donation buttons for churches and cathedrals
- Photography Guidelines
- Social media guidelines
- Stay safe on Zoom
Communicating Christmas 2022
Three weeks of tips, advice and ideas to help communicate your advent and Christmas events to your local community.
Week 1: A church near you, copyright and advertising
Week 2: National resources, posters, Eventbrite, Twitter, Facebook events, stock photography, linking with your community.
A Church Near You Webinar
Tuesday 22 November: a free webinar to learn more about a church near you, how you can use it to promote your events, Christmas resources and a Q and A.
Liturgy to commission congregations to invite others to church
The Church of England has enabled a short liturgy to commission your congregation to invite others to church this Christmas.
It can be used as part of a Eucharist or Service of the Word.