Stella Collishaw to 16 March 2023
Diocesan Environment Officer
Diocese of Derby
Telephone - 01332 388685 Tues/Wed
Beyond this contact Amanda.Shreeve@derby.anglican.org
Stella is the Community Action Officer in the Discipleship, Mission and Ministry Team in the Diocese of Derby.
If you want to receive her Eco Church newsletter send her your name, parish and an email address.
The next local Environment Network is being rescheduled. It is open to anyone in a parish with an interest.
Contact Stella with any environmental queries and/or if you register as an Eco church or obtain an award. It would be great to tell your story.
Send in notice of your local events, good news stories, photos and events to share on the Whats Happening page. The national church is actively seeking Environmental case studies from this area: focus renewables/ transport/schools/community activity.
If your PCC are talking about making Environmental changes, there are a number of people who are willing to support you and who will preach on environmental issues, both licensed readers and clergy.
Stella can also talk at chapter meetings, Deanery Synod or PCC to talk about Eco church or can offer training to you locally.
The Derbyshire Churches Environment Network
Anne is a Reader at All Saints, Wingerworth and is chair of an ecumenical group of volunteers that meet called The Derbyshire Churches Environment Network.
Practical activities from the group:
- supporting training for example Eco Church in the Learning in Faith (Community section) programme
- supporting Derby University public lecture programme from the Environment and Sustainability research department Sept 2019 - Jan 2020, Autumn 2021
- signposting to the latest virtual training resources 2020-2021 from key partners
- Supporting the development of the Land and Biodiversity conference Oct 2021
- offering an information at clergy conference Nov 2019 with the support of members from All Saints Wingerworth
- a mailing to all PCCs and incumbents July 2019 about Climate Emergency
- pilot development of a series of talks and discussions beginning October 2019
- leading the presentation at June 2019 Synod where there was an update report about progress on Eco Diocese and, as requested, offering reasons to make a policy against fracking
- a paper for the Parsonages Committee on Solar PV
- architect training partnered with DAC
- advice to individual parishes and Eco church leads
Details of your events, or news of progress in your patch for us to celebrate and photos illustrating it should go to Communications Team. See 'Whats Happening' section for upcoming events.
John offers technical support and advice on sustainability issues, including facilitating decision-making processes, and the design and diagnosis of heating and renewable energy systems.
He is a member of the DAC and on the board of Operation Noah.
Richard Henderson Smith
Richard is the World Mission and Development Officer with the role to remind people about the urgent and ongoing needs of those most at risk and deprived beyond our horizon.
He points out that the impact on the planet and it resources impact the poorest in the world. He presented facts on health and fracking June 2019 Diocesan Synod.
The Ven. Carol Costlett
The Ven. Carol Coslett is the Archdeacon of Derbyshire Peak and Dales.
Archdeacon Carol is the link member of senior staff on these issues.
Roman Catholic Diocese of Nottingham.
Anne and Howard Clarke
Members of St Peters Belper, a silver awarded Eco Church.
Churchwarden at Eyam and member of Green Christian.
Church Warden at St Michael, Kirk Langley.
Jeremy Gowers Cromie
Regional link from Christian Aid.
Methodist Minister in West Hallam.
Reader and Church Warden - All Saints, Mackworth.
St Matthew, Darley Abbey.
There are vacancies for reps from other CTBI Christian Denominations including Baptist and United Reform Church.