The 15th - 21st November 2021 is National Safeguarding Adults Week which is led by the ann craft trust who work to act against abuse.
In Derbyshire the Derbyshire Adults Safeguarding Board is supporting the week with the provision of a number of free webinars and events. They write in thier latest newsletter (which may be downloaded in full here)
"The week is an opportunity for us all to come together to raise awareness of important safeguarding issues, facilitate conversations and share examples of best practice.
The theme of this year’s National Safeguarding Adults Week is ‘Creating Safer Cultures’. Promoting safer cultures is all about how organisations and individuals can take steps to minimise harm occurring in the first instance, whilst simultaneously ensuring correct policies and procedures are in place so that safeguarding concerns that are raised, are recognised and responded to effectively.
We are already planning our activities for the week, which include the launch of a new awareness-raising campaign, a special edition newsletter, social media posts, as well as some exciting webinar sessions on a variety of safeguarding topics. Please check our events page for the latest information.
We will be hosting the following FREE webinar sessions during National Safeguarding Adults Week, which are all aimed at front-line practitioners and managers across all our partner agencies working with adults who have care and support needs.
- Fire prevention and safeguarding (15 November 2021)
- Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD) and safeguarding adults (15 November 2021)
- Professional curiosity and the challenges of disguised compliance (16 November 2021)
- Modern slavery awareness (16 November 2021)
- Cyber awareness, fraud and scams (17 November 2021)
- Cuckooing and county lines (18 November 2021)
- Trauma-informed practice: safeguarding adults (19 November 2021)"